Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication code of conduct statement is a statement of code of ethics for all parties involved in the publication process in the Scientific Journal of Economics students, namely managers, editors, bestari partners, and writers. This statement of scientific publications code of ethics is based on the Committee on Publication Ethics, which has been adopted in the Head of LIPI Regulation No. 5 of 2014 concerning the Scientific Publication Ethics Code.
The statement of ethics of scientific publications is a statement of the code of ethics for all parties involved in the process of publication of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, bestari partners, and authors. The Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications essentially upholds three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicting interests in managing publications; (ii) Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those entitled as authors; and (iii) Honesty, i.e., free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
The editor of the Istithmar Journal is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, scope of science, validity, and accreditation if necessary;
- Determine editorial board membership;
- Define the relationship between the publisher, editor, bestari partner, and other parties in a contract;
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, writers, editors, and bestari partners;
- Apply norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights;
- Examining journal policies and submitting them to the authors, editorial board, bestari partners, and readers;
- Creating a code of conduct guide for editors and bestari partners;
- Publish journals regularly;
- Guarantee the availability of financial resources for the sustainability of journal publishing;
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing; and
- Prepare licensing and other aspects of legality.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers;
- Strive to continuously improve the quality of publications;
- Implement a process to guarantee the quality of published works;
- Promoting freedom of opinion objectively;
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record;
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed;
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author;
- Actively soliciting the opinions of writers, readers, bestari partners, and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications;
- Encourage the evaluation of the journal if there are findings;
- Supporting initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an ethical clearance form that has been approved by the ethical clearance commission;
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about the ethics of publications;
- Reviewing the effects of published policies on the attitudes of writers and bestari partners and fixing them to increase responsibility and minimize errors;
- Having an open mind for new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions;
- Not maintaining the opinions of themselves, authors, or third parties that can lead to decisions that are not objective; and
- Encourage writers, so they can improve their writings so that they are suitable for publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Bestari Partners (Peer-Reviewer)
- Obtain the task of the editor to study the paper and submit its review to the editor as material for determining the eligibility of a paper to be published;
- Not reviewing papers which involve him, both directly and indirectly;
- Maintain the confidentiality of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations for the manuscript he studied;
- Encourage writers to improve the script;
- Re-examine the paper that has been repaired in accordance with the specified standards; and
- Reviewing the manuscript in a timely manner in accordance with the style of the journal's environment and based on scientific principles (data collection methods, the legality of the author, drawing conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author
- Ensure that those who are on the writer's list meet the criteria as an author;
- Collective responsibility for work and contents of manuscripts/articles which include methods, analysis, calculations, and details;
- Stating the origin of resources (including funding), both directly and indirectly;
- Explain limitations in research;
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner;
- Inform the editor if he will retract his writing; and
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to other publishers.